Re: [802SEC] for review and comment prior to ballot: 802.11 r & s news release

All,

The wording of the press release gives an impression that .11r would be able to
solve the general fast handover between any .11 AP for VoIP applications. My
recollection from discussions with Clint (Fast Roaming .11 Study Group Chair)
were that .11r would only be restricting itself to intra-ESS roaming and not
solving the inter-ESS (inter administrative domain roaming).

In fact, the later would be addressed by the 802.21 WG.

I think this clarification in the press release would be necessary.

regards,
-ajay