Re: [802SEC] Executive Committee Letter Ballot on new P&P for Coe xistence Assurance

Title: RE: [802SEC] Executive Committee Letter Ballot on new P&P for Coexistence Assurance

I approve, though with some reservation (if that is possible :-)

I note that this procedure will be the only time a TAG is "written into law" in our P&P. No other WG/TAG is mentioned by name in the entire P&P (802.1 is mentioned as the architecture standard,  but not as a WG). 802.19 not only is codified in this way, it also is given rights and responsibilities unlike any other WG/TAG. This is a significant precedent.

I am, however, persuaded by the argument that co-existence is of such paramount importance (if 802 wireless standards are to remain relevant) that it deserves it's own watchdog group. And if the way to go about this is to institutionalize 802.19 via this procedure, then it's the right thing to do. If it all goes wrong, we can always change the P&P again...

I would also support Paul's wording recommendations.

I understand Roger's concerns about ambiguity, but would defer to 802.19 to implement a more clear set of policies, recommended practices and guidelines (as is their charter) that would address how a CA doc should be judged.

Thanks,
john
Optical Product & Solutions Marketing
Tel 770 708 7375 (ESN 268)
Fax 770 708 7376 * jhawkins@nortelnetworks.com
Nortel Networks, Mail drop 46D/03/F60
5405 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta GA 30004, USA