[802SEC] Socials

I think we should put the question raised by 802.11 of whether to continue having socials to our working groups at the next plenary. On the one hand, I hate to get rid of the opportunity to meet each other in a less formal setting than our meetings. On the other hand, as we get larger it isn't clear that socials are working.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to locate people in these large gatherings.

The noise level is often so high that conversation is difficult - a positive feedback loop that results in a hoarse throat.

Because of these factors I know some people don't choose to attend the social.

The cost seems much higher than the benefit they are providing - over $30 a head at the last plenary.

Regards,
Pat