From: owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org]On Behalf Of John Lemon
Sent: Wednesday, 01 December, 2004 3:56 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] Attendance Credit At LMSC WG Meetings

More experienced ones:

I'm seeking some advice on how to handle a claim of attendance at the most recent plenary meeting. One person managed to sign-in for 75% of the half-day sign-in slots for 802.17. However, said person was not actually in attendance for more than a few minutes for some of those periods.

What would you recommend we do in such a situation?

1. Strike the sign-ins for the periods when the person was in attendance for only a few minutes, and notify them of the action?
2. Strike the sign-ins for the periods when the person was in attendance for only a few minutes, without notifying them of the action?
3. Count this as a learning experience and institute tighter control on the sign-in booklet in the future?
4. Other?

If you chose 3, how would you recommend preventing this abuse in the future?

Tony, I came in to the 802.1 meeting for our joint 802.1/802.17 meeting just as you were finishing saying something about this to the 802.1 participants. I missed most of what you said. Could you repeat it here?

Thanks,
John Lemon