Re: [802SEC] FW: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ EC_Membership_&_Meetings

Title: +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ EC_Membership_&_Meetings
Mat:

Disapprove

Comment 1.  I find the Member Emeritus change inconsistent in style, inconsistent in technical content and cumbersome.  Of the qualifications, only one is actually a qualification for the position, the others are either redundant or contradictory with the preceding paragraph.

Comment 2.  I also find the change to 7.1.3 a bit messy.

Comment 3.  The current confirmation language is deficient and we can also fix that by doing the Member Emeritus change right.  (I don't think it was intended that the positions in item b must be confirmed, but not the 2nd vice chair of item c.)

I recommend that the complete change be accomplished by:

A.  Insert the following item in the list of 7.1.2 (and reletter as required):
d) The LMSC Chair may appoint one person with appropriate qualification to the non-voting EC position of Member Emeritus.  The position may also be left vacant. As qualification for this position, the appointee shall have many years of prior distinguished service on the EC.

B.  Delete the second paragraph of item b in 7.1.2.

C.  Change 7.1.3 to read:
Confirmation and Affirmation

All appointed or elected members of the Executive Committee must be confirmed or affirmed by the Executive Committee.  All members of the Executive Committee are confirmed or affirmed upon initial appointment or election and at the first Plenary session of each even numbered year.  Upon confirmation or affirmation, a member maintain their position until the subsequent first Plenary session of an even numbered year unless they resign or are removed for cause.

Comment 4.  7.1.7.1, last line, change "EC Chair" to "LMSC Chair".  Though the LMSC Chair and EC Chair are defined in 7.1.2 to be the same, the rules use LMSC Chair 23 times, EC Chair 2 times (one being IEEE 802 EC Chair) and 802 Chair 2 times.  Please use the dominant qualifier LMSC.

--Bob Grow