From: owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Friday, 07 January, 2005 10:59 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] proposal for non-NA Plenary soon [was +++EC Email
Ballot+++ENDS 13 JAN+++motion to hold plenary sessions outside NA]

At 18:45 07/01/2005, Roger B. Marks wrote:
>My specific proposal is that, at the March meeting, we define a
>future January, May, or September for a Plenary session and issue a
>solicitation for hosting proposals. I am thinking of making a motion
>to that effect in March, and I welcome views on the idea.

One of the things that I value about interim meetings is that we get a
contiguous stretch of 3 or 4 days of uninterrupted technical meeting time,
without the usual Plenary clutter of miscellaneous administrative cra - er
- sorry, that should of course read, terribly useful and important
non-technical meetings. So I would support this , and would second your
motion, if we could manage NOT to use it as an excuse for an outbreak of
SEC meetings, etc., i.e., keep it as an interim for all practical purposes
other than in name.

Regards,
Tony