Re: [802SEC] [802-11WG] New Document Templates

Paul-

I think that this is a bad idea.

We should not be putting forth templates that assert that they are imposing
a legal obligation unless:
         1) The IEEE says that we should (as any SA formulating group should)
         2) The template is blessed by SA legal
         3) The requirement to do so shows up in a normative governance
document
To go any other route opens the possibility of a wide divergence of
practices in this area and thereby makes for the possibility of abuse. This
is no different than allowing different WGs to create their own patent
policy notice.

I have no objection to a cover template. I have sat through a number of
meetings with the TIA IPR group agonizing over the precise wording of just
such a thing. It is just that this is not the sort of thing that should be
done by a single working group.

Best regards

Geoff