From: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:38 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ AudCom

Dear EC members,

Below you will find the current results on this ballot.  The ballot
closes on June 24, 2007 11:59 PM EDT.
The comments are included below the vote counts.  Please let me know if
you see any errors in the accounting.

There is only one week to go!  If you have not already done so, please
respond with votes / comments.

Thanks & Regards,

Mat

Voters		      DNV   DIS   APP   ABS	Comments Provided?
CH Paul Nikolich		DNV
V1 Mat Sherman 		DNV
V2 Pat Thaler	 	DNV
ES Buzz Rigsbee		DNV
RS Bob O'Hara		DNV
TR John Hawkins		DNV
01 Tony Jeffree		DNV
03 Bob Grow			DNV
11 Stuart Kerry		DNV				Yes
15 Bob Heile		DNV
16 Roger Marks		DNV
17 John  Lemon		DNV
18 Mike Lynch		DNV
19 Steve Shellhammer		DIS			Yes
20 Arnie Greenspan      DNV
21 Vivek Gupta		DNV
22 Carl Stevenson		DNV
---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---
TOTALS  			 DNV  DIS  APP  ABS
total:			-16- -01- -00- -00-

Ballot Comments:
Shellhammer, Steve [sshellha@qualcomm.com]
Tue 5/29/2007 7:43 PM

I vote NO but will change my vote to a YES if the following changes are
made,
Section 7.1.2
Under non-voting members add "Parliamentarian"
Section 7.1.2.1
Remove "a) Decide which matters are procedural and technical." The
executive committee does not decide technical maters so all maters are
procedural.
Remove "c) Place technical issues to a vote by WG members"
Section 7.2.1.2
In "b) Record and publish minutes of each meeting within 60 calendar
days of the end of meeting." change 60 to 30. There is no reason the
minutes cannot be published within 30 days.
Section 7.2.2.3
In "b) Record and publish minutes of each meeting within 60 calendar
days of the end of meeting." change 60 to 30. There is no reason the
minutes cannot be published within 30 days.
Section 12
The text states "Both technical and procedural appeals may be made." I
am unclear on what basis someone can make a technical appeal. Please
include in the document the basis of a technical appeal.

Stuart J. Kerry [stuart@ok-brit.com]
Thu 5/24/2007 9:15 AM

I have a problem with this one below:
7.2.2.3 WG Secretary
44
45 The Secretary shall:
46 a) Distribute the agenda at least 14 calendar days before meetings.
SJK: THIS IS NOT OR NEVER HAS BEEN THE RESPOSIBILTY OF THE 802.11
SECRETARY, BUT IS UNDER THE WG CHAIR. INDEED THE ORGINAL POSITION WAS TO
POST 30 DAYS BEFORE.
47 b) Record and publish minutes of each meeting within 60 calendar days
of the end of meeting.
SJK: WELL IF THIS TRUE THEN WE WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS AT OUR INTERIMS. THIS
NOT THE CASE FOR 802.11 WG USES THE 802.11 ADMINISTARTIVE CALENDAR PER
THE WG CHIARS PROCEDUTUAL DECION.
Respectfully I belive that this whole section should be removed for the
WG Secretary, and the only addition would be to add the point a) to the
WG Chairs list.

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Engineering Fellow
BAE Systems -  Network Systems (NS)