Re: [802SEC] EC Motion - RE: [802SEC] Update to EC on IMT-Advanced

Carl,

I don't understand the nature of your proposal. Are you proposing an
Electronic Ballot, under 7.1.3.4? If so, then you should address the
terms specified in 7.1.3.4: "At times, it may become necessary for
the EC to render a decision that cannot be made prior to the close of
one plenary but must be made prior to the opening of the following
plenary. Such decisions may be made using electronic balloting."

Considering that the next ITU-R meeting on this topic is scheduled
for January 2008, what is it about this issue that the EC needs to
decide before the November plenary?

I'm also confused by the content of your suggestion. That's because
the existing P&P includes a subclause (14.2) with a detailed
procedure to cover the issue. We've used that procedure many times.
Are you saying it is inadequate in this case? Is there an aspect of
the existing procedure that raises your concern about "individual
WGs... presenting individual, potentially differing, inputs to ITU-R"?

And are you suggesting that your motion would override the existing
procedure in 14.2?

Regards,

Roger