Re: [802SEC] Final venue choices for our March 8-13, 2009 Plenary Session for your review
Carl brings up an interesting point. Is this meeting intended
to be the non-North America plenary? If we end up picking Vancouver for
March do we schedule a non-North America plenary in July 2009?
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Carl R. Stevenson
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Final venue choices for our March 8-13, 2009
Plenary Session for your review
Speaking for myself, I vote for the Rome location.
We've done Vancouver 2 or 3 times and while it's easier via-wise for
our attendees than the US, it's still a North American venue and I think
that the EC should reject it in favor of the Rome location. (I am
disappointed that several Asian venues apparently didn't work out.)
As a member of the EC and the SA Board of Governors, I don't believe
Vancouver truly meets our stated policy goals of "walking the walk" as
international SDO by holding 802 plenaries in non-North American venues.
Other groups in the SA do ... Why is it so difficult for us?
Having the "choice" between an (we know they are more expensive) EU (or
Asian) venue vs. Vancouver doesn't seem like a fair question when taken
the context of our policy goal. It puts us in the position of "choose
more expensive one and meet the goal or choose the cheaper one and
ignore/abandon the goal."
I am finding this situation increasingly unacceptable. If you have any
immediate feedback, please e-mail me directly.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
> [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of
> Rigsbee, Everett O
> Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 12:03 PM
> To: stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
> Cc: 802info@IEEE.ORG; email@example.com
> Subject: [802SEC] Final venue choices for our March 8-13,
> 2009 Plenary Session for your review
> Colleagues, Please see the attached summary of our final venue
> choices for March 2009. Please share the information with
> your respective Working Groups during your interim sessions
> and give us your and/or your WG response on preferences. We
> need to close on this choice very shortly now or we will lose
> the options. We still have an option for Geneva for March
> 2011 that we can pursue.
> Thanx again for your cooperation and support. :-)
> Thanx, Buzz
> Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
> Boeing IT
> PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
> Seattle, WA 98124-2207
> Ph: (425) 373-8960 Fx: (425) 865-7960
> Cell: (425) 417-1022
> This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email
> reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.