Re: [802SEC] [STDS-802-16] Fwd: venue choices for March 2009 802 Plenary Session

Here are the results of the straw poll at the 802.16 Closing Plenary
on Thursday:

71 Rome
60 Vancouver
61 other locally-hosted session

Roger

Begin forwarded message:

**************
DATE: Tuesday, September 4, 2007
TO: IEEE 802 SEC
FROM: Dawn Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer
SUBJ: Future Venue Options for March 2009 -- Rome, Italy or
Vancouver, Canada

This memo is to provide you with the information regarding two venue
options for the IEEE 802 March 2009 Plenary Session. We would like
you to discuss these two options with your Working Groups, take a
straw poll, and send us the results and any feedback from your Group
by: Friday, September 21, 2007.

A.) Option #1 - Rome, Italy:
* Meeting Dates: March 8-13, 2009 - Anticipated Attendance- 800 to
1000 * non-NA Venue/Location: new Rome Marriott Park Hotel - just
outside Rome, Italy, with largest hotel conference center in Europe,
an excellent meeting location, however it is VERY expensive !!!
* Guest Room Rates: ~$255/$280US Single/Double occupancy including
breakfast and 10%-VAT * Meeting Expenses:
    o F&B: fairly high pricing (50-70% more than US Venues)
    o Meeting Room Rental: >$400,000US including 20%-VAT for the week
    o AV/Electrical: high pricing (AV: 60% more than US Venues -
Electrical: >$10K, free in US)
* Necessary Registration Fees for a break-even session: {can be
reduced with funds from 802 treasury}
    o Pre-Registration: $800.00US (>60-days prior to session start)
    o Web-Registration: $1,000.00US (60 thru 10-days prior to session
start)
    o On-Site Registration: $1,200.00US (²10-days prior to session
start) * Meeting Space Internet Access: >$13,400US+ 20%-VAT for
shared 30Mb/ s for the week

B.) Option #2 - Vancouver, Canada:
* Meeting Dates: March 8-13, 2009, Anticipated Attendance - 1200 to
1400 * non-US Venue/Location: Hyatt Regency and Fairmont Hotel,
Vancouver BC, Canada, great downtown location, with easy access,
great restaurants & shopping, and a very-good value deal !!!
* Guest Room Rates: ~$170US, single/double occupancy, includes
complimentary High Speed Internet Access in the guest rooms at both
hotels.
* Meeting Expenses:
    o F&B: average pricing (similar to US Venues)
    o Meeting Room Rental: complimentary meeting space at both hotels
    o AV/Electrical: average pricing (similar to US Venues) *
Necessary Registration Fees for a break-even session: {normal fees}
    o Pre-Reg: $400.00US (>16-days prior to session start)
    o On-Site: $500.00US (²16-days prior to session start) * Meeting
Space Internet Access: FREE for shared 30Mb/s for the week

Unfortunately Geneva, Switzerland at ITU Headquarters was not
available during our March 2009 dates, but we have an opportunity for
March 13-18, 2011 to pursue, if we can get an ITU-hosted session deal.

Please contact us if you require any further information.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.