[802SEC] Rome decison

Colleagues,

I was surprised and disappointed by the decision of the EC on Friday to
choose the Rome venue. While I want to have non-North American, non-US
(that is Hawaii may not be part of North America but a meeting there
doesn't demonstrate a commitment to global standards making) plenaries,
I have concerns about this venue that go beyond the room night and
registration fee costs.

How many of us have looked at the on-line reviews of this property? It
is very isolated. You can start by looking at the reviews on Trip
Advisor.
http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d619622-Reviews-
Rome_Marriott_Park_Hotel-Rome_Lazio.html

Sincerely,
Pat