From: Tony Jeffree [mailto:tony@JEFFREE.CO.UK]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:21 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Rome decison

At 01:22 21/11/2007, Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
>2) The "average price" quoted is $244 ... why did our survey indicate that
>we'd be paying $425 (or was it $450)?

I just looked at the prices for March 2008 (they
won't quote beyond the end of 2008) and among the
various offers, Expedia quoted £97/night ($200).
In July 2008 the rate goes down to £81.

Looks like inflation will be raging in Italy during the 2008-2009 period...

I can't see anyone booking at the conference rate
if these kinds of rates are available elsewhere.

Regards,
Tony