Re: [802SEC] Items for discussion at the closing plenary

Hi Carl,
As usual, you make very good points. However there is another side to
James' proposal that may be worth some consideration. Any time you
have 1500 laptop computers in one place for a week, there will always
be some number of them that will decide that an IEEE meeting is the
perfect place to roll over and die. To those poor souls with dead
computers, the availability of a few walk up workstations in an IEEE
Internet Cafe is priceless. Many groups of our size (e.g. IETF &
ICANN) offer this benefit to its attendees with great satisfaction.

Thanks,

Rick Alfvin
Vice Chair
IEEE 802.15 Working Group