Re: [802SEC] +++un-conflicted EC motion #4 regarding 802.20+++determine Mark Klerer's unconflcted/conflicted classification+++need mover and seconder+++

Bob,

Thanks for the clarification.  I was hoping that the SASB would have the
responsibility of finding the solution.  Oh well....

It does seem that disenfranchising the chair of 802.20 entirely in this
matter is going to make it very difficult to have the .20 WG buy into
any decisions made by the UC-EC.  It seems to me that we need to find a
method that will bring the members of 802.20 into the process, not push
them further from it.

 -Bob

Sep
> 2006, which included suspension of the WG pending its reorganization.
>
> I recall only verbal instructions on the process to determine
> conflicted/unconflicted.  Questions were asked by IEEE counsel related
> to personal and employer/affiliation interest in 802.20/802.16
> activities (participation of another individual from your affiliation
> being defined as a perceived conflict).  Those with a perceived
> conflict
> were excluded from further discussion and action.  The remaining
> members
> then discussed and voted on each individual in executive session.
>
> The clearly unconflicted members of the SASB made the decision on
which
> of the potentially conflicted members would be accepted as
> unconflicted.
> Though we use the term conflicted, I do not believe any determination
> was made that the individual was actually conflicted, rather that the
> perception of conflict was significant enough for the individual to be
> excluded.  I believe the same applies to the EC.
>
> The creation of the unconflicted EC process was similar.  As I recall
> was the only EC member who's EC status was determined by the SASB
> (having been determined as a conflicted SASB member, I was told I was
> automatically a conflicted EC member).  I don't know though if the EC
> voted on my status specific to that assertion.  I believe all others
> classified as conflicted were by decision of fellow EC members.
>
> The unconflicted SASB voted in March 2007 on which new members would
be
> unconflicted on 802.20.  I believe Paul is properly following the
> precedent of initial classification of members as well as the SASB
> process for new members.
>
> --Bob

Percocet