Re: [802SEC] FW: [802SEC] UC-EC email ballot regarding forwarding 802.20 to RevComm

Pat-

I strongly agree with you "in principle" BUT....
This is not the way that IEEE has moved in its balloting system (and, thus
in its P&P).
(And its system has always been VOTE oriented rather than COMMENT oriented.
I have always claimed that this is a major flaw in their system, that their
balloting is oriented towards approving documents rather than improving
them in the process of approval.)

The revision to 5.4.3.2 of the Ops Manual (new this year) reinforces this.
The 802 voting rules link us to the SA rules, even when they do the "wrong"
thing.
There is a recirculation requirement. For guidance on the recirculation
process see subclause 5.4.3.2 Resolution of comments, objections, and
negative votes in the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual.
The term "guidance" give us some latitude but makes the interpretation
vague and therefore up to the case by case discretion of the EC. That is
probably a bad thing.

Geoff