From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:56 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] OM 3.1.1 LMSC Function, item(e) comment action item

Mat,

Per today's call, I had the action to provide alternative wording to the
OM 3.1.1.e "Examine and approve WG draft standards for proper submission
to Sponsor ballot group; not for technical content.

I suggest the deletion of  "; not for technical content"

Implementing the deletion maintains consistency with the OM 3.1.1.c
"Provide procedural and, if necessary, TECHNICAL GUIDANCE to the WG and
TAG as it relates to their charters." (emphasis added)

Altough the 'technical guidance' component of the EC funtions tends to
be secondary to procedural guidance, it is an important component,
especially when trying to maintain architectural consistency across a
Sponsor which grows to the size and breadth of 802.

Regards,

--Paul

This list is maintained by Listserv.