From: Geoff Thompson
To: Klerer, Mark
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Sent: Sun Jun 22 12:52:01 2008
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 802 EC motion to allow consideration of 802.11 PARs in July

Mark-

The requirement is precisely that:

"Complete PARs shall be circulated via the EC email reflector to all EC members no less than 30 days prior to the day of the Opening EC meeting of an LMSC plenary session."
When this rule was made it was well known that:
        a) The EC reflector was an open reflector that non-members of the EC could (i) join and (ii) view as an archive.
        b) That (at least some) WGs have a requirement that their WG chairs announce their agenda 30 days in advance so that participants actually have reasonable grounds upon which to decide whether or not to attend a plenary.

Therefore, there IS A REQUIREMENT that "Complete PARs" SHALL be made available to the members of the EC in a manner that is public.
Distributing them to each working group chair in any sort of private manner such as:
        Private e-mail
        Registered US Mail with return receipt
        Fed-Ex Courier Delivery
does not meet the requirement.

Your rationale is incorrect.

Initially I was willing to cut Bruce and James a little slack for missing the deadline but since you seem to be making an issue of the rule, my position is forced to be that the requirements were clearly not met.

Therefore, I speak AGAINST the motion

Sincerely,

Geoff Thompson
Member Emeritus