Re: [802SEC] Update agenda

Hi Geoff,

I'd like clarification of some items.

"ISO and IEEE will agree on the list price for any resulting ISO/IEEE
publication"
How does this affect the availability on Get802 of IEEE 802 Standards
when they become ISO/IEC/IEEE standards?
How does this affect the availability through IEEE/IEL subscriptions of
IEEE Standards that become joint standards?

Single designation for numbering.
My understanding was that 802 wasn't available as in ISO/IEC number
which is why the 802 standards are numbered 8802. Does this mean that
the IEEE numeric designation of IEEE 802 standards will change if they
become joint standards?
That seems neither practical nor desireable for IEEE 802 identity. There
are many references to IEEE 802 standards in standards of other groups.
Renumbering would break those links.

And even if a related number is chosen such as 8802, I don't think ISO
allows for designating parts with a letter or having a double layer
heirarchy of part numbers as in 802.x.y so the link between our existing
number and future designators for the standards becomes even more
tenuous.

Regards,
Pat