[802SEC] comments on 802.11 VHT 60GHz PAR

Bruce,

My comments are as follows:

It appears there is significant commonality between the proposed 802.11 60GHz PAR and the current 802.15.3c 60GHz project when assessing them from the antenna interface up through an interface approaching the MAC/PHY boundary regarding the range, operating frequency, occupied bandwidth, and target peak data rate.  I recommend the participants in the two activities spend the time between now and the November 2008 plenary to seriously evaluate whether or not it is possible to craft a specification for a common 60GHz physical layer that can be utilized for both the 802.15.3c project and the proposed 802.11 60 GHz.  I realize there is no obvious mechanism within the 802 P&P to establish a dual-working group common physical layer specification project--but that should not deter the participants from considering creative ways to accomplish the suggested goal.

Regards,

--Paul