Re: [802SEC] 802 Chair's Guidelines updated revision: 1.9.3

Paul,

You did not address the following comments that I had made. In case they were not clear enough, I have augmented most of them to better explain what I don't understand or why I think an item should be changed. I would appreciate at least a comment as to why they are not adopted so that I may understand the rationale.

2.1: My understanding is that maintenance PARs do not require the 30-day notice mentioned in tablenote 3. Maybe this tablenote should be change as "Requires 30 day draft submission to EC, except for maintenance PARs." 2.1: Why is there no tablenote 1? Did it once exist and get removed. Should it exist, and is missing? 2.2: Is this ever used? I never heard of this before. Just curious, but I really would like to know if this has ever been used, or if this section is entirely hypothetical. 2.2.3.b: Why limit this to once? Or, as you have adjusted the text, require an EC waiver for more than once? As long as the student is still a student, and presumably doing some useful work in an 802-related area, and not getting attendance/membership/voting credits, then why not allow them to come for several meetings? 2.2.7: Why limit this to 10? What if there were 2 attending .1, 2 attending .3, 2 attending .11, 2 attending .15, 2 attending .16, and 2 attending .21? 2.3.5: Why a firm limit of 10? I agree that we certainly don't need to encourage so many. But I see no reason to state a fixed a priori limit. 2.6: (You really shouldn't have two numbered lists in one section. Perhaps a subsection numbering should be used here to divide the two lists into separate sections. I.e., divide 2.6 into 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. I know that this ridiculously picky, but I can't help but point it out.) 2.6.3: What is "the chair’s $200 allocation"? Am I allowed to spend $200 at every meeting? If so, are there any limits on what it can be spent? 2.12.4: Why are these "Suggested"? Are there alternative URLs that one might use instead?

Thanks,
jl