From: James Gilb [mailto:gilb@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:10 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG; Paul Nikolich (paul.nikolich@att.net)
Subject: Re: [802SEC] November minutes and PARs for March meeting

Dear EC

The minutes say:
---------------------------
Shellhammer asked if we can bypass EC review just by a vote or if this
was a vote to suspend the rules.

Stevenson: Due to the IMT deadlines, it makes sense in this one instance
to delegate the responsibilities. This is not intended to set a ongoing
precedent.

Kraemer: It was prepared with the intention that it was within the rules.

Sherman did not see any issue with the rules.
Based on the discussion and responses, I would say it is clear that one
effect of the vote is that the normal EC review, and hence vote, could
be bypassed in this case.

James Gilb