From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Michael Lynch
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:57 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: +++EC 5 Day Review+++Letter to Chair of ECC SE24

Dear EC,

During the January wireless interim 802.18 considered work ongoing in
SE24 that could have a negative impact on RLANs in the 5 GHz band. There
were three related documents presented. They are Docs.18-09-0006,
18-09-0007 and 18-09-0009 and are available on 802.18's Mentor web site.

After discussion it was decided to draft a letter on this subject to
SE24. The letter is both attached here and available on 802.18's web
site as Doc.18-09-0011r1. The draft of the letter was presented to
802.11 and 802.15 during their mid-week plenary and there were no
comments or edits.

The RR-TAG approved this document by a vote of 8/0/0. This document is
being sent to you for the five day review process.

I propose that the EC comment period begins now and closes on 1 March.

Regards,

Mike

+1.972.684.7518 Office
+1.972.814.4901 Mobile