From: ***** IEEE stds-802-11 List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-11@ieee.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Ecclesine (pecclesi)
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 2:48 PM
To: STDS-802-11@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11] 11-09/0289r9 comments on 802.22a PAR and 5c

Hi,

   I've uploaded 09/0289r0 Comments on 802.22a PAR and 5C

   Combining licensed band long range radio technology and personal/portable
operation in US Part 15 unlicensed bands reminds one of IEEE 802.9
"iso-ethernet", marrying isochronous services and packet communications -
the wrong technology at the wrong time.

   I recommend that ExCom table consideration of this PAR and 5C until the
July session, when there will be more certainty about the regulatory
situation, and 802.22 would be less distracted from beginning the work.

petere

Peter Ecclesine, Technology Analyst

MS SJ-14-4 170 West Tasman Dr, San Jose, CA 95134-1706

Ph 408/527-0815, FAX 408/525-9256

"Time doesn't fool around."  "Without Prejudice" U.C.C. 1-207

  _____