[802SEC] Status of the ECSG

EC Members,

FYI, the TV whitespace ECSG continues to work on the tasks assigned to
it.  I believe it has mostly completed the tasks of identifying how the
FCC R&O impacts 802, and explaining possible use cases.  It is still
working on the coexistence tasks and the common functions tasks.  I do
not expect they will be able to complete that work this session.

In the case of the coexistence tasks, the ECSG has voted to move that
work to the 802.19 TAG with special voting rules (all participants can
vote).  I hope to have the ECSG refine this recommendation a little
today.  As for the common functions task, I feel the general sense of
the group (this is personal perception) is that the work should
continue, but they aren't sure where yet.

Accordingly it is my expectation that the ECSG may request the
continuation of this ECSG, or the formation of other SG to complete the
tasks assigned to the ECSG. As soon as the ECSG comes to consensus on
any of these areas I will alert the EC so they have as much warning as
possible.

Best Regards,

Matthew Sherman
Chair, IEEE802 Whitespace ECSG

BAE Systems -  Electronics, Intelligence & Support (EI&S)

Electronic Solutions (ES)

Communication & Tactical Networks (C&TN)
Office: +1 973.633.6344
Cell: +1 973.229.9520
email:  matthew.sherman@baesystems.com
<mailto:matthew.sherman@baesystems.com>