From: Jon Rosdahl [mailto:jrosdahl@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:48 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: Status on WG P&P Drafting

Comments:

   6.1  "The Specific WG officers and their activities should...."
change to   "The Specific WG officers and their activities are more
fully described in a WG..."

I still think that the use of Meeting and Session is  being confused.
Meetings have sessions, This is the time to rethink and ensure we have
consistency and correct the long standing reversal that 802 has used as
compared to the rest of the IEEE-SA.

7.1 the AudCom may have clarified the statement in question, but it is
valid.  There are requirements to be fulfilled in order to gain and
maintain membership.  This is not an issue of observers.

7.2.1  the use of meeting and session are not consistent with what is in
our docs now.... last two lines of first paragraph are in particular
confusing conflict.

be substituted, so that if a person were to attend for the first time at
an interim, it becomes that person's first plenary equivalent.  This
allows a person to gain voting rights by the 2nd true Plenary.  If a
person starts on a Plenary, and then attends the interim between, the
next plenary, the person would be granted voting rights on the 2nd
plenary as it serves as the 3rd session (meeting).

7.2.3 typo -- membership

7.2.4 meeting vs. session confusion.....if we leave it here, we should
flip it in other places.

7.2.5 Meeting vs. session confusion.... more of the same.

9.x  Voting  -- I don't see this as a conflict, if we plug in the
percentages as noted, and then note the issues that belong in each
grouping, it seems very straight forward to me.

9.3 d) I don't see the need to put in the exception to this rule.
"Initiate officer elections" should be sufficient for its own point.

9.3 c)... I don't know that this needs to be listed ahead of d).  I
think that this is somewhat of an ordered list, and so the exceptional
items should drop to later in the list.

FWIW,

Jon