Re: [802SEC] some 802 history is captured here

Yes Buzz, I remember you supporting FDDI-II (though I'd forgotten the inventors) as well as remembering your contribution to the PHY repeater work (if I'm remembering the project name right).  If I attempted to list those that worked both X3T9.5 and 802, I'd certainly be guilty of omission.  But I do recall a number of our valued participants and project leaders as having some FDDI history.  Similarly, others in 802 have worked storage standards in X3 with other examples of technology transfer between the two groups.

--Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: B Rigsbee [mailto:BRigsB@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:18 PM
To: Grow, Bob; 'Pat Thaler'; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802SEC] some 802 history is captured here

Hi Bob,   You may or may not recollect that I was the originator of the
FDDI-II Hybrid Ring proposal and the patent for that design was filed by CXC
Corporation on behalf of myself and Dr. Gary Nelson, who was my boss at that
time.  We presented that original proposal at the Santa Barbara Session of
X3T9.5 in February 1986. It was an instant hit and I was an active
contributor to the committee until CXC Corporation went out of business in
1987.  I rejoined the activity during the time I worked for MetaCom in RTP,
NC but sadly they were killed off on Black Monday (October 1987) and Mike
Teener (now active in 802.1) took over as the prime mover on that project.

Thanx,  Buzz
Everett (Buzz) Rigsbee
7750 80th Place SE
Mercer Island, WA  98040-5912