[802SEC] FW: [802-18] FW: [802-18] [802SEC] Definition of "Broadband" (telecon 26 August - 2:00 p.m. CDT - FCC Request for Help to Define "Broadband")

Dear EC,

From Jim regarding our topic.

Regards,

Mike

From: Jim Ragsdale [mailto:jim.ragsdale@ericsson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:10
To: Mike Lynch; STDS-802-18@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802-18] FW: [802-18] [802SEC] Definition of "Broadband"
(telecon 26 August - 2:00 p.m. CDT - FCC Request for Help to Define
"Broadband")

Hello Mike:

The precise definition that Johnny is referring to is in ITU-R
Recommendation F.1399 which says "connection(s) capabilities are higher than
the primary rate".

ITU-R Recommendation M.1801 which recommends Broadband Wireless Access
systems further clarifies the definition "Broadband wireless access is
defined as wireless access in which the connection(s) capabilities are
higher than the primary rate, which is defined as the transmission bit rate
of 1.544 Mbit/s (T1) or 2.048 Mbit/s (E1).

I do not believe that the FCC should be using some different definition of
Broadband than the ITU.

Regards,

Jim

  _____

26 August - 2:00 p.m. CDT - FCC Request for Help to Define "Broadband")

Thanks to Johnny for reminding us that there is an international definition
of broadband.

Regards,

Mike