[802SEC] Disclaimers in 802 EC postings

Dear 802 EC mailing list members.

The IEEE mail server is able to detect (at least some) of the messages
that contain confidentiality disclaimers.

These messages are forwarded to the list moderator for approval (that is
 me for this list).

As this is an open list, confidentiality disclaimers are not only
stupid, they are not allowed.

Unfortunately, I recently approved a post that contained a
confidentiality disclaimer.  I am sorry for any problems this has caused.

The policy for the 802 EC mailing list is that any message that is
referred to the moderator for approval will be rejected if it contains
anywhere in the text of the message a confidentiality disclaimer.

If you get a response from the mail server that says that your message
has been referred to the moderator, you should check to see if a
confidentiality disclaimer is present.  If so, repost the message
without the disclaimer as I will be rejecting the post.

If your company email system puts these on automatically, get a free
webmail accounts from one of the many providers and use that for IEEE
traffic.

James Gilb
802 Executive Secretary