[802SEC] EC Workshop Action Item regarding 802 Architecture

Dear EC Members,

The action items we are collectively responsible for as a result of the 802 Architecture discussion during the July EC Workshop are as follows:

0) WG/TAG Chairs to announce to their members Revision of IEEE Std 802-2001 Overview and Architecure
is in 802.1 WG ballot

1) Emphasize that conformance to 802 Overview and Architecture (O&A) is part of the evaluation criteria by the EC in approving a PAR and that the text in the O&A be an effective tool in that evaluation
–Action: Nikolich, Implementation: WG/TAG Chairs

2) WG/TAG chairs name at least one candidate to:‏
–Champion working on the draft revision of the 802 O&A within the WG/TAG
–Does work on resolving comments

3) EC seeks qualified editor who has support for the project – Nikolich, EC

4) EC seeks qualified, supported chair of O&A project from 802 wide – EC

The current vesrion of the 802 O&A (IEEE Std802-2001) is attached.  Additionally, Tony provided us a link to the current draft of the 802 O&A under revision within the 802.1 WG--it is http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/private/802-REV-drafts/d0/.

At next week's plenary, please make sure you comply with (0), your group complies with (1), you are prepared to identify someone for (2), and your group is aware of (3) and (4) above.

I will remind you of this at the opening EC on Monday.  I hope to have names for (2), (3) and (4) by the closing EC meeting on Friday.

Regards,

--Paul