[802SEC] Draft IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet press release

Dear EC members,

The IEEE-SA has prepared a press release to announce the progress of the
IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet project to Sponsor ballot as well
as the progress of the related ITU-T recommendation G.709. The IEEE
P802.3ba project is currently on the Friday agenda as an unconditional
request to progress to sponsor ballot. The release would be contingent upon
the IEEE 802.3 EC voting to approve unconditional forwarding of IEEE
P802.3ba to Sponsor Ballot.

Since the development of this press release was at the request of the Task
Force Chair and myself I'm seeking EC approval. I've attached the draft
below and will seek endorsement for it on Monday at the opening EC meeting.
I am seeking approval on Monday so that, if necessary, if the EC does have
an issue with the release it can be addressed by Friday to ensure a timely
release. I would also request that if you have comments could you please
supply them to me by email if possible so that we may update the release if
required prior to the vote.

The motion I will make on Monday is:

The EC supports the IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet press release
to be released contingent upon the IEEE 802 EC voting to unconditionally
forward the IEEE P802.3ba draft to Sponsor Group ballot with editorial
changes permitted to the draft press release as deemed necessary.

Best regards,
David Law
IEEE 802.3 Working Group Chair

(See attached file: 802d3ba_sposnor_ballot_PR_v1p0.pdf)