From: MJLynch@mjlallc.com
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:16
To: 'STDS-802-18@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG'
Subject: FW: ITU Conformity Data Base

Dear RR-TAG,

You will remember that in 2009 we discussed efforts to develop an "ITU mark" to certify equipment. I remember that for the most part the participants in those discussions did not support the concept of an "ITU mark". To a degree this message seems to announce the beginning of such a project.

My understanding is that the ITU Council, at their most recent meeting, had told the TSB (ITU-T) not to proceed with the database. I expect that a number of Administrations will be objecting to this database going on line. If it does proceed then I don't see how various telecommunications equipment vendors can ignore it.

I'll provide updates as more data becomes available.

Regards,

Mike