From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:46 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 3-day EC Straw Poll +++ Plenary Session Snack Break Time

Colleagues,

Paul has authorized me to issue the following Straw Poll for your
consideration.

Whereas:  It has been observed that our current afternoon 2-hour snack break
window (2-4pm) can be disruptive to the meetings in progress since it causes
attendees to leave the meeting in progress to get snacks, which can then
inspire other attendees to do the same.  So it has been proposed that the
interval for snacks be shortened to just (3-4pm) to reduce this problem.

And Whereas:  It has also been observed that the current 2-hour window
permits more flexibility in when breaks are taken to accommodate the
completion of topics under discussion without interruption.

Therefore:  After due consideration it has been proposed that we ask the EC
to vote on whether we should shorten the snack interval to 1-hour instead of
the current 2-hours, i.e. (3-4pm) instead of (2-4pm).

Moved:

To approve reduction of the IEEE-802 Plenary Session snack time from 2-hours
to 1-hour, i.e. (3-4pm).  Coffee & Tea will continue to be available for the
full 2-hours, i.e. (9-11am) and (2-4pm).

 Moved:  Buzz Rigsbee

 Seconded: John Hawkins

Start of straw poll: Wednesday, 3 March 2010;  Close of straw poll:
Saturday, 6th March, 2010 or as soon as possible.

Thanx, Buzz

Please note my contact info:

Dr. Everett O (Buzz) Rigsbee

Executive Secretary, IEEE-802 LMSC