To: <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 7:48 AM
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot: P802.16m to Sponsor Ballot (conditional) +++

To: 802 EC
cc: 802.16 Reflector

Colleagues,

Paul has authorized me to issue the following motion for your consideration.

Motion: To grant conditional approval, per the IEEE 802 Operations Manual, to forward P802.16m for Sponsor Ballot.

Moved:    Roger Marks
Seconded: Subir Das

Start of ballot: Friday 14 May 2010, 10:00 ET
Close of ballot: Monday 24 May 2010, 12:00 ET

Early close: Not requested.

Information:

(1) I have provided all the supporting material in document IEEE 802.16-10/0037r1 <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/#10_0037>. The summary results from WG Letter Ballot are as follows:
Approve: 291 (98.3%)
Disapprove with comments: 5
Abstain: 5

(2) I know that many of you are busy with interim sessions this week, and I'm sorry to bother you with this. However, I am fully confident that conditional approval is justified, and we have a window of opportunity to run Sponsor Ballot prior to the July Plenary.

(3) Please recall that I notified the EC at our last meeting (19 March) of my intent to bring this 10-day ballot. We agreed that it would be OK to proceed with it.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Roger

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.