[802SEC] July 802.18 agenda items

Dear EC,

For the July Plenary the following topics will be on the 802.18 agenda. Please advise if there are others that you feel need to be added.

*         Definition of harmful interference - this has held up the release of licensed spectrum in the US and likely elsewhere. IEEE USA did file comments to the FCC on 6 May 2010. These comments have been widely seen as the overall IEEE view of that topic. We need to review their comments and see if there are 802 views that should be submitted. I do not remember IEEE USA soliciting our views on this.

*         FCC revision of the rules for the unlicensed 1920 - 1930 MHz frequency band. It seems designed to accommodate DECT.

*         The FCC has announced rules to enable the mobile broadband service in 25 MHz of the 2.3 GHz WCS frequency band. There have been issues for many years with the Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) and their use of terrestrial repeaters. Does 802 have an interest in/issues with the new rules?

As is the norm I also expect that others will bring in topics closer to the meeting date (e.g. the new FCC DFS requirements for the unlicensed outdoor portions of the 5 GHz band - which will likely influence the ITU-R and national administrations). The RR-TAG will be happy to address any other items that you feel are relevant.

Regards,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901
www.mjlallc.com<http://www.mjlallc.com>