From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Kraemer
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:49 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: Stuart Kerry; Vic Hayes; Renee Ayer; Karen McCabe
Subject: [802SEC] +++ EC vote on 802.11 20th Anniversary press release +++

Dear EC members,

IEEE-SA Marketing (Karen McCabe &  Renee Ayer) has helped Vic, Stuart and me prepare a press release in recognition of the 20 year anniversary of 802.11. The target release date is Monday September 13 which is the closest work day to the first 802.11 meeting held 20 years ago on September 11, 1990 and also the Monday we open the September 802 wireless interim in Waikoloa.

Paul has delegated to me the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the motion below.

There is always the possibility that some suggested changes are made during the balloting process.  If you feel so motivated to propose edits, I would ask that you consider the ballot option of "Approve with comments" response so that we can apply some editorial changes without needing to restart the ballot and miss the proposed release date.

I am also announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
Bruce

Motion
======

The EC supports the IEEE 802.11 20th anniversary press release with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   Bruce Kraemer
Second:  Jon Rosdahl

Start of ballot: Wednesday September 01
Close of ballot: Saturday September 11, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.