From: MJLynch@mjlallc.com [mailto:MJLynch@mjlallc.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:34
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE P802 Response to the FCC's 7th Broadband Deployment NOI

Dear EC,

At the Waikoloa interim meeting the RR-TAG approved 7 output documents, 4 of which will require EC email ballots. The other three are IMT related and will be submitted under the process approved by the EC at the November, 2009 Plenary.

This is the first of the documents requiring EC approval and is being submitted first since it has to be received by the FCC NLT CoB 5th October. It provides a response to an FCC NOI titled "7th Broadband Deployment Notice of Inquiry". In it the FCC asks several questions including what should be the definition of broadband. The vote in the RR-TAG to approve this document was 7/0/0.

The comments to be submitted are contained in Doc. 18-10-0060-02.

The full FCC NOI is also available as Doc 18-10-0055.

Both documents are available at https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/documents

I propose that the EC review period begin today (23rd September) and close on 2nd October.

Regards,

Mike