From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:43 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] FW: [802SEC] IEEE 802 Sunday Night Rules Review

Bob-

So the significant question becomes:
     If we want to put in ANY change to our P&P
         a) Can we put it in as a simple change against our existing
approved rules for 5 years?
         b) Any change can't move forward on its own merit without
swallowing whatever Audcom has done to the baseline since our approval?
         c) We have to do it under some other system as yet unknown?

I would propose a form of c) where small changes ("small" is subject to
review by AudCom) can be made for 3 years without putting a new
foundation under the house. Any changes in the 3-5 year time slot would
require incorporation of the new baseline.

(This would be not terrifically unlike the 3/5 rule on revising standards)

Geoff