From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Kathryn Bennett
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:31 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: IEEE-SA Staff Liaison Change Announcement

On behalf of Sue Vogel, Director, Technical Committee Programs:

Dear 802 Executive Committee,

This is to advise that the IEEE-SA has made some changes in the staff
organization that provides support to its standards development
committees. Mike Kipness will be transitioning off of IEEE 802 to handle
the National Electrical Safety Code Committee, a significant program
supported by the IEEE-SA. Tricia Gerdon, Manager, Technical Committee
Programs, has been assigned to the 802 groups formerly supported by Mike
(802.11, .15, .16, .20, .21 .22, and Project 5 TAG). Tricia has been with
the IEEE-SA for 13 years, supporting various committees within the
Vehicular Technology Society (including administration of a Federal
Highway Administration grant to support standards development), Industry
Applications, and others. Tricia has significant experience in IEEE
governance activities, i.e., working in the frameworks of RevCom, NesCom,
ProCom, etc. She will provide the additional responsibility of providing a
leadership role for the process support staff supporting IEEE 802. Tricia
can be reached at p.gerdon@ieee.org or 732-562-3811.

Kathryn Bennett will continue in her support to 802.1, .2. ,3. .17, .18,
.19, and .23.

I'd like to acknowledge, with thanks, the 5-years that Mike Kipness has
spent in support of IEEE 802. He has demonstrated great attention to
detail in helping to shepherd 802 projects through the process, as well as
dedication to the EC and his working groups.

Mike and Tricia expect to conclude the transition of responsibilities by
31 January 2011. Both Tricia and Kathryn (as well as other staff) will
attend the 802 plenary in March in Singapore.

Please join me in welcoming Tricia, and wishing Mike and Tricia well on
their new ventures.

Thank you,
Sue

Sue Vogel