From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Law, David
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 12:03 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Liaison communication from the IEEE 802.3 working group ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 WG1

Dear EC members,

At the closing EC meeting in November I sought approval of a liaison letter from IEEE 802.3 to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 WG1 with respect to ISO/IEC 8802-3:2000, the letter is attached. During the discussion it was suggested that IEEE staff work with their contacts to establish exactly what the status was of ISO/IEC 8802-3:2000 before approval.

It has now been established that ISO/IEC 8802-3:2000 has entered 'Systematic Review'. I understand this to mean that, according to the JTC1 rules, the most recent edition of a standard is reviewed by JTC 1 with a view to deciding, by a majority of the participating members voting in a meeting or by correspondence, whether it should be Confirmed; Revised; Declared as stabilized; or Withdrawn.

On the basis that IEEE 802.3 has approved this letter, and that I believe that it contains useful information for ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 WG1 I, would now like the make the motion below.

Best regards,
  David

Motion
======

The LMSC Executive Committee approves the letter IEEE802d3_to_JTC1_SC6_01_1110.pdf, with editorial license granted to the Chair (or his appointed agent), as a liaison communication from the IEEE 802.3 working group ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 WG1 with respect to ISO/IEC 8802-3:2000.

Move:   David Law
Second: Tony Jeffree

Start of ballot: Friday 28th January
Close of ballot: Monday 7th February, 11:59PM AOE