[802SEC] IEEE participation in the ITU Forum on Technical Compatibility between Power Line Telecommunication systems (PLT) and Radiocommunication Services

Dear EC,

During our call yesterday I mentioned that there is to be an event in Geneva regarding PLC/PLT and that it seemed that IEEE was a participant. I can confirm that the event will take place March 27th in Geneva and that the IEEE is listed as a participant. The title for this event is as listed in the subject line and is to address technical compatibility between PLT and wireless. This url will take you to the program for the event.

http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/index.asp?category=conferences&rlink=seminar-program&lang=en&seminar=itu-plt-forum-11

The program says the "IEEE Approach" will be presented by Mr. Jean-Philippe Faure. On another site he listed as the chairman of the IEEE P1901 Corporate Working Group and the CISPR/I PLT Project Team. It may be good for Mr. Faure to educate IEEE 802 on what the IEEE approach is regarding compatibility between PLT and radiocommunication systems. Obviously 802 has missed some important policy or technical development. I suspect that he will present the P1901 view and not a broader IEEE view.

The final session is a panel discussion titled "Next Steps". IEEE is shown as a participant but it appears that no individual has been identified to participate.

Glad to discuss.

Regards,

Mike