Re: [802SEC] Comments on 802.1Q ECMP

James -

The WG will respond formally to your comments in due course, but I would
observe that with reference to you point on 5.2, this is a draft PAR for an
*amendment* to a base standard, and as such, the scope stated in 5.2 is the
scope of the *project*, and is not, nor is it required to be, a statement of
the wording of the Scope subclause of the standard itself. Therefore, your
rationale for requesting the deletion of the sentence is invalid. The
sentence is certainly relevant to the scope of the project, which is why it
was there in the draft PAR.

Regards,
Tony