From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Kraemer
Sent: 19 April 2011 15:30
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ EC Ballot on 802.11U press release +++

Dear EC members,

IEEE P802.11u (Interworking with External Networks) was published in February of 2011.
During its March meeting WG11 developed a draft press release that was subsequently edited by Karen McCabe.
I circulated the draft for comments 2 weeks ago but received none.

I'm now seeking EC approval to publish the press release.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. I am announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
Bruce

Motion
======

The EC supports the IEEE P802.11u press release with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   Bruce Kraemer
Second: Jon Rosdahl

Start of ballot: Tuesday 19th April
Close of ballot: Friday 29th April, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.