Re: [802SEC] Fwd: Re: Fw: [802SEC] Fw: New IEEE Standards Store

Pat-

My apologies about associating the new facility with eXplore. It is not eXplore, I should have known better.
I believe I meant TechStreet.

I was using Apple Safari, not Internet Explorer. I did not have the forever loading problem that you say you had.

RE:
> I think that there should be check boxes so that the user can say whether to show drafts or superseded and withdrawn standards.

That lines up with what I strongly suggested to Markus, i.e. the default search should only show ACTIVE standards (i.e. standards that have been approved and published and have not been superseded or withdrawn) One should explicitly have to set a switch to search [superseded and withdrawn]
One should explicitly have to set a switch to search [drafts]

(It might be reasonable though to have a specific URL which was advertised as the access point to draft sales.)

Base standards should be listed at the top of the search
THEN the amendments and corrigenda
(Whether your get all of 802 or should select a particular standard is something we didn't get into. I tend to favor the latter)

Published standards DO NOT currently have the "Std" included in their designation. That needs to be added as well a "P" to the designation on drafts. As I have said several times, drafts need to include draft number and issue data as well as expiration date and they need to be posted automatically and without (process slowing) human intervention (24 hour turnaround or 10% of a recirculation period is intolerable) by an automated process linked to myBallot.

Geoff