From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 4:33 AM
To: 802-exec
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802.22 Amendment PAR - Management and Control Plane Interfaces and Procedures and MIB Enhancements

It seems to me that it is totally inappropriate for the cover page to this
draft PAR to include the boilerplate material contained in the "blue box".

Firstly, I would hope that this is a submission by the working group to the
EC (and eventually, to NesCom), and not by Apurva as an individual
submission to the WG. The wording of this boilerplate material appears to
indicate that this is an individual submission to the WG.

Secondly, by the wording of the NOTICE, Apurva reserves the right to "add,
amend or withdraw material contained herein". That is inappropriate for
something that will presumably be approved by a WG for submission to the EC,
and approved by the EC for submission to NesCom.

If the draft PAR/5C is submitted to the closing EC meeting in this form, I
will vote against forwarding it to NesCom.

As a general point, I thought the received wisdom last time they were
discussed was that the use of copyright release boilerplates like this was
problematic in any case, and that we shouldn't be using them at all?

Regards,
Tony