Rest assured there was no inappropriate discussion or behavior regarding IPR. There was definitely a lack of understanding on the part of the representatives affiliated with the PicoCast Forum about the MAC/PHY nature of 802, and the reality of an open standards process, complicated by a significant language barrier, but since March, with the departure of the initial drivers, the group has been populated by 'regulars' who are familiar with 802 and things have been getting back on track by focusing clearly on the communications needs and challenges of Personal Space Communications and how that might translate into a PAR suitable for 802. I am happy to discuss past history, but today's reality is a different set of faces with a much more realistic objective. Up to Paul how much time he wants to spend on it.

Regards

Bob

At 10:21 AM 7/22/2011 -0600, Grow, Bob wrote:
Bob:

From the slides, it appears that the PSC Study Group is engaged in activities in my opinion not appropriate for a SG. I infer from the slides they are discussing patent licensing terms (something forbidden by the patent policy), and going way too far into technology selection (something that should be done after getting a PAR, not before). I will be looking for explanation at the closing EC.

--Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bob Heile
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 8:59 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] Material for 802.15 Motions at EC Meeting

Attached is Motion package for today's meeting.

Regards

Bob H.

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.