From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@ieee.org]
Sent: 18 August 2011 19:25
To: Law, David
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Comment request on proposed IEEE P802.3bj Ethernet operations over backplanes and copper cable assemblies press release

David-

I would revise the 1st sentence/paragraph to say:

PISCATAWAY, N.J., USA, [DATE] - IEEE, the world's largest professional association
advancing technology for humanity, today announced the launch of its new IEEE P802.3bjTM
Task Force a new Ethernet standards project, P802.3bj. Aimed at expanding backplane and short-reach infrastructures needed to support the next generation of highrate
Ethernet speeds, the group will define physical layers (PHYs) for 100 Gb/s Ethernet
operations in electronic equipment over backplanes and copper cable assemblies. When finalized, the new
specifications will help facilitate the development and delivery of lower-cost, higher density
100Gb/s solutions.

Geoff