[802SEC] 802.18 Items for Friday's Closing Plenary

Dear EC,

This week 802.18 has approved two documents related to work ongoing in 802.15. Both documents are FCC filings.

They are:

18-11-0090-02-0000 - Request by Progeny LMS, LLC, for waiver of certain multilateration location and monitoring service rules - These comments recommend that the FCC not grant Progeny's waiver request and proposed changes to the Part 90 rules. It was felt that to do either would adversely impact the unlicensed technologies operating in the 902 - 928 MHz frequency band. The current rules provide protection from LMS interference for unlicensed technologies operating in that frequency band. This is the third time that we have submitted comments on LMS issues in this frequency band. 802.18 approved this document by a vote of 2/0/0.

18-11-0091-01-0000 - Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Seeks Comment on Spectrum Needs for the Implementation of the Positive Train Control Provisions of the Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008 - In this initial filing we are informing the FCC that this topic is of interest to 802 and that an interest group has been formed to review the technology approaches and issues related to the development of a future standard for the wireless data link element of Positive Train Control ("PTC") systems. We do not provide comments at this time on the spectrum needs but indicate that 802 will follow the work and may provide other information in the future. 802.18 approved this document by a vote of 2/0/0.

I propose that these two items be on the consent agenda.

Both of these documents are available on the 802.18 Mentor web site.

Regards,

Mike