Re: [802SEC] +++EC 5 Day Review+++802.18 Comments to US FCC on RM-11651

Mike,

I like the letter overall, but I wonder about this line:

"This improved propagation characteristic in the 433 MHz band makes RFID operation particularly effective in global applications."

I think that extended range makes a system more effective in some applications, but not necessary all of them. For example, I wouldn't apply it to proximity devices. It's not clear to my why "global" applications are inherently long-range ones. [Since the range itself is not "global"!]

So, I think it would be better to say something like:

"This extended propagation characteristic in the 433 MHz band makes RFID operation more effective in many applications."

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>