From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Pat Thaler
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:06 PM
To: thompson@ieee.org; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Liaison letter to SC6 (Yet another "refinement")

Hasn't the letter gone out already?

Regards,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 4:41 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

All-

I hate to keep stirring this pot...
But I just came across, shall we say, a lack of completeness that I think it appropriate to mention.
I'll let Bruce and crew decide whether the liaison letter needs to be amended or whether this issue just needs to be kept in mind during discussions and ongoing documentation.

The issue:
One item that was on the chart of ISO/IEC version to "be handled" was:
ISO/IEC 8802-5

There are really TWO standards that should be covered there.
ISO/IEC 8802-5:1998 (Base standard)
and
ISO/IEC 8802-5:1998/Amd 1:1998 (Dedicated token ring operation and fibre optic media)

We want them both to be "Stabilized" forever.

Best regards,
Geoff